Other Available Downloads
- fixed issue where Display Name was editable when when a Display Name format was specified
- fixed issue with Portal Templates and modules that are configured to Display On All Pages
- enhanced so that system confirmation is required when Unregistering a User Account
- changed default module output caching provider from disk to memory
- ensure that system modules are identified in the system so they cant be uninstalled
- added a querystring parameter that allows you to hide the control panel
- added a detailed message when deleting a page with child pages
- added an alternate link with "hreflang" to sitemap.aspx for multilingual websites
- disabled autocomplete on password strength controller
- advanced search tags allow html/script and can break rendering
- fixed issue where exceptions were thrown if old user profiles are missing during indexing
- fixed Journal API to allow edited Comments to be liked
- if a custom Register page is specified, prevent user from browsing to Register.aspx
- changed tokens in module creator templates so they do not show up as errors in Visual Studio
- added a confirmation prompt when deleting modules from Page Management
- fixed Site Management so you can filter by "ALL"
- fixed thread safety issue in DotNetNuke.Common.Utilities.ImageUtils where imgWidth and imgHeight were statics
- fixed link to app gallery
- fixed ability to specify an Upload To location when uploading files
- fixed issue with IconBar in DNN 7.2.0+
- reduced scope of dnn.DropDownList.css
- improved performance of Update Host Settings which caused too many cached objects to be removed
- fixed Password Reset so that it is hidden after a duccessful entry
- improved editing style for SQL Module
- allow Default skins to be removed
- fixed exception when Editing a registered user for the first time
- allowed sub*sub menus to be accessible in default skin
- optimized indexes on Eventlog Table
- allow password banned list to be disabled
- allow Page URLs to contain spaces
- fixed numerous typos in resource files
- optimized indexes on TabModules table
- optimized indexes on Tabs table
- optimized indexes on Permissions tables
- fixed deny permissions for Folder
- added ability to add new Folder Provider
- fixed error so that non*members can join a Private Group
- optimized logic of numerous stored procedures and views
- allow a custom URL with different domain
- allow host user to set max upload size
- fixed issue when switchinf to layout mode on Site Settings page
- allow CAPTCHA to be used on reset password page
- fixed Profile Picture Handler to work in SSL Offloading configuration
- enhanced DDR Menu to be Touch Friendly for Mobile and Tablets
- added basic Robots.txt in root folder
- fixed Password Retrieval issue
- fixed issue where Language detection was not working with advanced URL management
- fixed issue where IUpgradable did not fire from a Library type extension
- enhanced file upload control to support folders with large volumes of files
- enhanced file upload to be able to upload from URL
- fixed issue where additional parameters passed as string array in NavigateURL() and EditUrl() are ignored
- optimized search query sent to Lucene
- enhancement to allow separate modules to use the same module definition name
Fairly good release, my only issue is (still) why do I have to FTP 3300 files up when most are not changed? It takes minutes on a decent connection, just think if you have to do so for around 50 sites...hmmm...
on Mar 24 at 2:04 PM
In addition to @Zxytek: Looks like you are still using XML Module 4.x, which was already broken in DNN5. Please update to XML6. While it still uses a direct call to the database, as at that time there was no API for cleaning up modules from the search index, it doesn't result in a broken DNN system anymore, it will only cause an error message if you click "Clear Search Index" on your own within the settings of the module. The main functionality of the module is not affected.
on Mar 19 at 8:30 PM
Error in jquery.js you can not set the properties 'control' null reference or undefined .
Error Presented by exploring several pages, modules own example, management of pages, event viewer, etc.. This I.E 8.1 installed on windows 11.
Excepción no controlada en línea 4, columna 57 en http://localhost:3132/js/dnn.controls.js
on Fri at 6:02 AM
Lots of bugs posted on the forums.upgrade problems.
on Apr 17 at 5:54 AM
upgrade from 7.2.1 completed with "application error". However seems working. A bit better of 7.2.1 but still with big performance problems... :(
on Mar 26 at 11:09 AM
I've got this:
DotNetNuke.Entities.Urls.UrlRewriterUtils - System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.,
it is an exception from
So I can't use my site at all. I mean, sitename.com/Default.aspx is working, but not sitename.com/Default or even sitename.com. So, basically, the former is the only page that works...
UPD. I already have ver.7.2.1 with advanced URLs up and running, so it's not about server updates.
on Mar 25 at 8:20 PM
can you please check you have http://support.microsoft.com/kb/980368 applied -it's needed for extentioness urls
Reply by cathalconnolly
(Coordinator) on Mar 25 at 4:52 PM
I confidently call myself an expert in upgrading dnn however, this last build has something wrong.
I am unable to get jquery to fire at all, leaving my sites blank. It's not every build upgrade - but the 7.1.2 > 7.2.2 upgraded flawlessly and without error, and without content.
Nothing works and I've had to roll back - who actually tests across different versions to upgrade?
There are no errors in the logs when pulling up pages, but on my latest, dnnskins.com it was a blank site and when logged in the edit controls were gone, and the inability to change with the submit buttons not working.
I diligently searched google for no answers, the jquery library is installed, it's simply not calling it at all so nothing works.
on Mar 25 at 4:50 AM
No trouble upgrading sites from 7.2.1. Fixes some important issues for us.
Regarding the br tag issue others mentioned, I believe that behavior can be addressed in Host > HTML Editor Manager. Select "Everyone" under the configurations for your editor, and uncheck ConvertToXhtml (I think that's what I did).
on Mar 23 at 1:35 AM
Upgrade from 721 tot 722 without problems. Unfortunately the <br> problem in the editor isn't fixed...
Performance is a lot better, did DNN finally use Sebastion's dnnTurbo scripts ??
on Mar 21 at 3:10 PM
So far testing is going well except for one formatting issue. The search object format is a bit jumbled. If you look at the top right of the page here: http://www.tekzones.com/ you can see how it looks. I tried applying various skins and get the same result. No errors on upgrade from 7.2.1 and the site runs just fine.
As a side note. In the rate this release pop-up there is a Questions? link to Discussions and it goes to a pagenotfound page.
on Mar 21 at 9:48 AM
Having a very long error while updating a first instance.
Going to restore from backup.
Tried second instance on my test site which is pretty clean and unused.
I would strongly advice not to upgrade!
Renders the side unuseable
on Mar 20 at 11:19 PM
Reply by cathalconnolly
(Coordinator) on Mar 25 at 4:33 PM
Update from 7.2.1 without issues. Still IE-Telerik bug (additonal </br> in text editor), so I had to force IE10 compatibility (in default.aspx) mode to fix that issue. Now the dropdown menus in IE11 on tablets are working. Thank you!!!
on Mar 20 at 3:36 PM
7.2.1 to 7.2.2 upgrade fails.. why??? when it was working fine before!!!
26% ERROR occured - System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Violation of UNIQUE KEY constraint 'IX_FolderPermission'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.FolderPermission'. The duplicate key value is (855, 5, <NULL>, 36).
The statement has been terminated.
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)
at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteNonQueryTds(String methodName, Boolean async, Int32 timeout)
at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.InternalExecuteNonQuery(TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, String methodName,****
Full error here:
on Mar 20 at 3:19 PM
in source code pack DotNetNuke\Website\Install\Module is empty !!??
and DotNetNuke\Website\Install\provider deleted?
in website bin deleted?
source code in not oke
on Mar 22 at 1:03 PM
that's behaviour by design - the source package needs to be compiled in release mode to build the packages (see section G of http://www.dnnsoftware.com/wiki/page/how-to-install-the-source-package-of-dotnetnuke )
Reply by cathalconnolly
(Coordinator) on Mar 25 at 4:53 PM
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.
Compiler Error Message: BC30456: 'DeleteSearchItems' is not a member of 'DotNetNuke.Data.DataProvider'.
Line 168: ''' </summary>
Line 169: Public Sub ClearSearchIndex()
Line 170: DotNetNuke.Data.DataProvider.Instance.DeleteSearchItems(ModuleID)
Line 171: End Sub
Source File: G:\Websites\xxxxxx.com\App_Code\XML\Components\XmlController.vb Line: 170
on Mar 19 at 6:32 PM
Sorry to hear about your issue, but this is not a DNN problem. The issue is with a 3rd party module (XML), that directly accessed the DataProvider layer - DNN only supports backwards compatibility at the API level, developers should not directly access the DataProvider (or database objects) as there is no guarantee these will stay the same. If you're not using that module, delete the folder (and any reference to it in web.config), otherwise you will have to get a version of that module which correctly uses the API.
Note: I checked and the project has been updated (and converted to c#), but I still see the same error in it - https://dnnxml.codeplex.com/
Reply by cathalconnolly
(Coordinator) on Mar 19 at 7:28 PM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.