Other Available Downloads
Core API Docs
Breaking Changes (from 8.0.0)
The following are breaking changes
that can impact upgrades as well as third party extensions:
- .NET 4.5.1 or higher is now required
- Removed the following administration modules from the product: Site Log, Newsletters, Vendors & Banners
- Removed the following navigation providers: ASP2Menu, DNNDropDown, DNNMenu, DNNTree, Solpart
- Removed the following functionality/modules: What’s New, Feed Browser, Widget Framework, Getting Started, Content List
- Removed the legacy appSetting connection string (modules that have not updated for this in the past years will now break as a result)
- Moved Telerik controls to a new assembly, requiring third party extension to recompile to continue to work (this is so phase them out completely in the next series of releases)
- Removed support for Internet Explorer 8
- Third Party Modules (formerly core modules that shipped with the Platform) known to break on this upgrade and require new versions to be installed:
- Added support for partial views (for MVC module development)
- Updated Advanced URL Management to keep Google campaign tracking parameters in URL when re-writing
- Added support for C# 6 & VB 14 out of box
- Updated Image Handler to process GIFs and corrected several problems found when generating transparent PNGs
- Corrected problems found when installing in Turkish environments
- Corrected problem when multiple MVC modules were placed on the same page
- Additional minor enhancements and bug fixes
The Microsoft CodeDom .NET Compiler extension is now not installed automatically on an upgrade or fresh install. It will be available under Host Extensions for installing at a later time.
If you have already installed this extension, a workaround is available at https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-8528.
The DNN packages were updated. As such, anyone downloading a package on or after March 21 will not have this issue.
on Mar 21 at 8:52 PM
Adding the Roslyn directory with the executables is a huge pain. Most hosting will not allow you to change the Group Policy to allow the EXE's. Looks like we will stick with DNN 7.4.2 for awhile. Way too many sites on different hosting services for us to migrate. Big shame, DNN 8 looked ideal. Please come up with a solution.
on Mar 18 at 3:35 AM
Several errors. Broken modules not obvious to install. When you download the ZIP at GitHub, it does not create an installable module zip file. How do I get updated modules from GitHub?
on Apr 2 at 7:12 PM
UPDATE: Since the CodeDom install has been changed to manual (https://dnntracker.atlassian.net/browse/DNN-8528), I am exploring this new version and haven't come across any issues thus far. Thank you to the DNN team for all your hard work!
on Mar 22 at 3:40 PM
I just completed an upgrade of a 7.4.1 site which went perfectly. The site was pretty stock, only the DNN Blog and a couple of other modules, but it also has a highly customized responsive skin. I was pleasantly surprised to see the upgrade go completely smoothly and for the site to be completely unimpacted... except it performs a little better now ;-)
on Mar 17 at 12:45 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.