Other Available Downloads
- Updated the UI / UX to a simpler interface that accelerates developer, designer and content owner productivity
- Updated the DotNetNuke Core to be compatible with Windows Azure and SQL Azure which allows users to host their websites at Microsoft Data-centers
- Updated the DotNetNuke Core to C#. From this release on, every new feature, enhancement and bug fix will be implemented in C#
- Added support for .NET/Windows TimeZones - this allow for the correct management of Daylight Savings.
- Fixed issue with Telerik Editor not rendering correctly in IE9
- Fixed issue where users in the Administrator role are unable to see the users folder in the File Manager
- Fixed the UnderlyingDataSource property of the Property Editor that caused wrong data to be loaded
- Fixed the issue with sending the test email in the Newsletter module to the wrong recipient
- Enabled event validation as a best practice
- Added DNNWerk's Page Management Module to the DotNetNuke Core
- Added DNNWerk's RadEditor Provider to the DotNetNuke Core
- Blog Module version 4.1.1
- Documents Module version 5.0.0
- FAQs Module version 4.5.1
- Forum Module version 5.0.3
- Links Module version 6.0.0
- Media Module version 4.0.0
- News Feeds Module version 4.2.1
- Razor Host Module version 6.0.0
- Reports Module version 5.5.0
- Repository Module version 3.5.4
- Survey Module version 4.70.0
- Wiki Module version 4.5.0
- XML Module version 6.0.0
- Implemented a folder provider that enables users to transparently integrate DotNetNuke folder options and modules with
- Cloud Storage Services and other storage options through an open API
One Problem in css class Title Bar.
it takes the Path
instead of "/Portals/_default/Containers/DarkKnight/Images/Title-BG-Grey2.png"
There is one "/" extra in Between DarkKnight//Images
Because of this horizontal red & silver bar is not visible. Checked using firebug when removing one "/" extra & image shown. Please take a look
on Aug 6, 2011 at 1:04 PM
@jbeckton - Can you please start a thread about your issue in the forums on www.dotnetnuke.com?
I have not seen any issue with creating a new module or editing an existing module in 6.0 throughout the development and test cycles.
on Aug 3, 2011 at 6:40 PM
I was loving this new 6.0 release until I tried to build my own module into it. The module definition interface is just broken so I cannot define multiple modules from my module project. I was able to create a couple definitions but none of them show up in the page. I guess I'll wait till 6.1 and try this again.
on Aug 3, 2011 at 2:56 AM
The Modal Popup for Login and others won't close on their own after Submit. I have to close the window. Has anyone else seen this behavior. I reverted to the default skin and it still doesn't close. Thanks, Tom
With help from the DNN forums....Turned off GZIP compression fixed the Modal Popup not closing issue
on Jul 31, 2011 at 9:32 AM
Overall, a very nice release! Although the UPGRADE package was successful with no issues, the new DDRMenu won't render with v1.99.05, it needs v2. Also, the new HTML editor provider (DotNetNuke.RadEditorProvider) is missing, but one can grab that from the Install package. The DarkKnight skin mega menu options dont work correctly if the nav menu has more than 3 parent items (at least on my install)
on Jul 29, 2011 at 4:10 PM
@peters4oz - when you install select the "blank" template rather than the "default website" template and you'll get an empty site created. Also, to delete getting started you just have to go to admin->site settings->advanced settings and remove it from the "home page" dropdown.
on Jul 28, 2011 at 11:45 AM
It is a radical shift. I want a base framework to use not a fussy "Nanny State" where I have to undo things every time I do an install. For example, the default undeletable home page is now called "Getting Started". There is also a "Home Page" in the default install that is deletable. To get rid of the Getting Started Page you delete the Home Page & rename the Getting Started Page as Home! Why
on Jul 28, 2011 at 8:51 AM
My installations and upgrades have all gone great! Great release!
on Jul 28, 2011 at 4:19 AM
Tips : If you make a fresh install it will fail on Optional Modules just after the Database is created, Telerik module will not be able to install leaving you with a currupted DotNetnuke instance.
Solution : Take the DotNetNuke_Community_06.00.00_Upgrade\Install\Telerik_06.00.00_Install.zip and place it in DotNetNuke_Community_06.00.00_Install\Install overwriting the existing file.
on Jul 27, 2011 at 8:40 PM
Upgraded manually from DNN 5.6.3 via FTP. Checked my child portals and everything is fine, seems all working properly. I think DNN should inform their module/skin vendors to update their DNN version requirements to 6.0. I was suppose to buy one after upgrade but hesitant if it'll work.
on Jul 24, 2011 at 5:48 PM
Upgrate from 5.6.2 with no problem
on Jul 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM
ui and html editor are not as expected to be 6.0.0.
but it's really better
on Jul 23, 2011 at 6:26 AM
Haven't tried update yet. Installed new website to see ... and WOW excellent release. Now I'm glad that I choose dnn ... thanks guys!
on Jul 22, 2011 at 9:09 AM
evry thing is good ,
on Jul 22, 2011 at 7:25 AM
Awesome. You guys are rock stars.
on Jul 22, 2011 at 4:37 AM
Good ui improvements, and perfect upgrade process from 5.3.
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:15 PM
Installed without a hitch. The only problem is that the dnn.modalpopup.js is supposed to be inside of ~/js/debug rather than ~/js. This breaks anything inside of the module context menu.
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:07 PM
Excellent Release, I have problem with the login, update 5.6.3 to 6. it generates error return dnnModal.show code: " id="dnn_dnnLOGIN_loginLink" class="login-register" onclick="return dnnModal.show".
can you help me
on Jul 21, 2011 at 1:05 PM
Excellent release from the first look.
on Jul 21, 2011 at 9:14 AM
Two test sites upgraded with onyaktech and catalook. EXCELLENT! No bugs. very nice upgrade. testing of my sites begins. But Three thumbs up down here!
on Jul 21, 2011 at 8:30 AM
Best release ever! Keep up the good work. I'm moving all of my solutions to DotNetNuke now.
on Jul 21, 2011 at 7:28 AM
Best release ever. DNN Rocks!
on Jul 21, 2011 at 7:23 AM
Digging it! Upgrades are/have occurring/occurred, upgrades are going great!
on Jul 21, 2011 at 6:33 AM
Excellent release! Thank you for going with the times and listen to the voice of the community.
on Jul 21, 2011 at 5:16 AM
Waiting for this release for a long time. Glad to see it out now.
Xiao Qi from http://www.DnnModules.cn
on Jul 21, 2011 at 3:25 AM
Excellent Release! Well Done! The OnyakTech DotNetNuke Modules work great in this new release!
on Jul 21, 2011 at 2:50 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.