Other Available Downloads
- Fixed issue in the Site Settings when single quotes were being treated as escape characters
- Fixed issue loading the Mobile Premium Data after upgrading from CE to PE
- Fixed errors logged when updating folder provider settings
- Fixed the order of the mobile device capabilities in the Site Redirection Management UI
- The User Profile page was completely rebuilt. We needed User Profiles to have multiple child pages. This would allow for the most flexibility by still following the typical DotNetNuke page and module structure
- The Social Groups module allows users to browse pages for viewing a group details
- One of the more critical pieces to a successful collaboration platform is the activity stream.
- We have created a Journal Module and API that will allow you to easily display and create activities within your site
- User File Manager. As part of building the new Journal Module, we are providing a better way for users to manage their own files within DotNetNuke
- A member directory that is vital to the success of any collaborative site or site that is based upon user-to-user interaction
- A messaging module that similar to email, provides a mechanism for users to communicate within a site in a private manner
- Implemented User Relationships functionality that allows users to connect with each other as followers or friends
- Implemented API methods to support filtering options for text (both replace and remove). One custom filter for profanity was added to the FilterFlag used by the InputFilter function - this will be used by the Journal function and can be reused by 3rd party module developers
- Implemented changes to how the Tab (Page) Hierarchy is managed. Due to the limitations of earlier versions of SQL Server, prior to these changes, the business layer managed the handling of the tab hierarchy. Whenever a tab was created or moved in the hierarchy, there was a lot of calculation to calculate the effect on other tabs and update them accordingly
- Implemented support for SSL Offloading so that large enterprises can offload SSL support to network devices such as load balancers
- Device Preview Management Module
- Journal Module
- Member Directory Module
- Message Center Module
- Social Groups Module
- DNN-20249 - Member Directory - SuperUser account is never displayed via Auto-Suggest or in Search
- DNN-21140 - User Profile - Different grouping on right side of "Activity Feed"
- DNN-21223 - Uninstalling Social Groups fails
- DNN-21220 - Users cannot view Activity Feed details if selecting non-default language
- DNN-21115 - The Member Directory Advance Search does not respect privacy
- DNN-21101 - The member Directory the last displayed row looks strange
- DNN-21228 - It's not possible for a user to leave a comment to another user's post
- DNN-21221 - Return key does not work in Member Directory Search
- DNN-20647 - Journal comment button needs to link anchor to the textbox
- DNN-19946 - Journal - editor allows multiple files but only first file is saved
- DNN-20479 - Journal - If scraping is not successful Journal should display default image
- DNN-21251 - Member Directory Should Handle Special Characters
- DNN-21207 - Member Directory: No easy way to reset after an Advanced Search
- DNN-20642 - Messaging - Real time updating does not work
- N/A - Document Library has a data migration issue when a UNC folder is in use and the folder is not in the portal's directory. If your website is configured in this way, an upgrade is not recommended until the next release
Works fine on a new install, but upgrades poorly. My upgraded site experienced a number of broken links due to dashes in the page names - I had to roll back from restore. Wait for next release.
on Jul 10, 2012 at 8:59 PM
Includes ability to minify js and css, and place into a single file, which is great, but a lot of the "features" they added are either broken, or break things that were working on the previous version.
Best to leave this one alone until they fix the issues that have been created by the additional features.
on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:48 AM
This release is not suited for production. Stay with previous version.
on Jun 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Slow is too fast a word for the performance of 6.2.
I sense that the ability to create new functions and add new features has trumped the need for performance. I am really surprised, and disappointed, that the change wasn't addressed prior to release.
on Jun 21, 2012 at 3:09 PM
Really disappointed in DNN corp. I installed this and saw that others had reported performance issues, I immediately had major performance issues and that was in development. It was almost as though this release wasn't tested even though I have met the people in the QA department at DNN World. This was just really a disappointing release. Wait to upgrade.
on Jun 21, 2012 at 2:04 PM
Await for the patch release. Not worth the upgrade effort. Rolled back to 6.1.4. As with any major release, issues are bound to occur.
Cons: performance page loading gets worse, journal errors, skin and CSS issues, SSL broken promises, etc.
on Jun 16, 2012 at 12:22 AM
Performance on this edition was horrible. I ended up rolling backward to my backup just to get my sites accessible again. Be warned, make sure you have both a file and database backup before attempting to install (as should be your process anyway). It could be my install, but others say the same thing. In the forums they say the performance is improved in 6.02.1 but i don't see any info here.
on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:04 PM
The following error
"Could not create type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.ProfilePic'
shows itself both in Community and Professional editions while building under VS 2008/VS 2010. The previous post's solution assumes that the source for 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal is available. However there is no ProfilePic.ashx.cs file in the project. How it runs under WebMatrix without ProfilePic type?
on Jun 8, 2012 at 7:36 PM
Get rid of Can not create type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.ProfilePic' error
Solution Items -> Modules -> DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal
In ProfilePic.ashx.cs comment out:
sizedPhoto = Components.ImageManager.CreateImage(sizedPhoto, Height, Width);
Copy dll to website/Bin/
on Jun 7, 2012 at 3:16 AM
This release has SIGNIFICANTLY worse performance. We went from under 5 seconds a page load to 30+ for everything, even with cacheing set at Heavy. I would wait until a patch that solves this before upgrading.
on Jun 5, 2012 at 11:07 PM
1) Adding new ViewProfile module results in immediate null exception in \DesktopModules\Admin\ViewProfile\ViewProfile.ascx.cs:line 138 ...
2) Trying to create mobile website redirection, again "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." ...
3) Also doesn't contain mobile website template ...
on Jun 5, 2012 at 3:06 PM
The next level in social for a website
on Jun 2, 2012 at 7:28 AM
Still significant bugs... where if a page is named as "SEO/PPC" ie if a "/" is contained in name the page is created but fails to render. Also for some cases the "Manage" pop up for module get hidden or lay below some div and as a result cant use it.
on Jun 2, 2012 at 3:31 AM
Upgrade was smooth from 6.1 to 6.2 with no issues, kudos on that + fixes + enhancements. BUT.....the shared SSL issue which has been present since version 4.5 has been overlooked once again! (see: http://support.dotnetnuke.com/issue/ViewIssue.aspx?ID=17535&PROJID=2). Unsecured logins are a real ballbuster for sites with only shared SSL! The last update from support states Fixed In Version: (6.2.0)
on Jun 1, 2012 at 9:39 PM
The social stuff rocks! The versioning and combination of CSS and js into a single resource file as well.
on Jun 1, 2012 at 1:00 AM
Still has significant bug where user in a child portal is logged off when he/she tries to editor his/her own profile. Also, the process of uploading an avatar is buggy; takes you to wrong tab on refresh, and requires you to save image, then update. The upgrade process is very smooth and went without a hitch.
on May 30, 2012 at 9:12 PM
upgrading dnn 6.1.3 to above, skins cannot be loaded correctly css links are broken. future dnn versions cannot be used anymore if not properly correct that issue.
on May 30, 2012 at 7:02 PM
Install without any problem, first tests without trouble - still missing some fixes, but all in all: a good first impression!
on May 30, 2012 at 7:54 AM
successfully installed, when booting from vst2010 generates the error:
Can not create type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.ProfilePic
Windows 7 64-bit SQL Server 2008R2-sp3
on May 30, 2012 at 5:28 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.