Other Available Downloads
- Fixed issue in the return URL after a user is shown the login screen when accessing an unauthorized resource
- Fixed issue that stopped super users from being shown in the auto-suggest user lookup function in the member directory module
- Fixed issue when sending bulk emails and localization is enabled
- Added localization keys to the filter settings in member directory
- Added localization keys to the user profile menu
- Fixed issue that cause the newsletter module to not function properly in child sites
- Fixed issue in the member directory advanced search option where settings were not used correctly
- Fixed UI issue in the user profile when using IE 7
- Fixed language packs installation issue when the product is installed using the auto option
- Fixed issue where the language, if different from English, is not set as the default language after installation
- Fixed backward compatibility issue when using language packs for previous versions of the product
- Fixed issue in the profile when single quotes are used
- Fixed issue when creating pages with a pound "#" in the name
- Fixed issue that stops the install wizard when a language pack has errors
- Fixed UI issue when uploading a logo
- Fixed issue that stopped forge modules from being deployed through the extensions catalog
- Fixed issue in when page names contain dots
- Improved performance when accessing user permissions
- Fixed issue that stopped super users from uploading icon files
- Fixed issue when creating the path for the icon in custom desktop modules
- Fixed issue in the HTML editor that was causing links to not work when tracking clicks
- Fixed issue in Social Groups where users were not shown as group members when upgrading from previous releases
- Fixed styling issue in the Journal when importing links information
- Fixed object reference error when calling SaveMessage in MessagingController.cs
- Fixed knockout exception in the MyProfile template
- Fixed issue when upgrading from 4.9.5 to the latest version
- Fixed issue that stopped additional profile properties to be displayed in the member directory after modifying the template
- Fixed issue that caused the password fields to be cleared after selecting the country during registration
- Fixed issue in the file manager that stopped users from creating folder mappings
- Fixed the can not create type 'DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.ProfilePic' error when using DotNetNuke.Modules.Journal.dll
- Improved the performance of the login control
- Fixed issue in the DDR Menu that was causing rendering issues when visiting the site using a mobile device
- Updated the Dark Knight skin to use HTML5 as the doctype and dded HTML5 doctype as an option under fallback skin doctype
- Fixed issue that caused the database to fail to distinguish between "deny" and "allow" folders and could potentially reveal the names of folders the user did not have access to.
- Fixed issue that made possible to use a specially crafted URL to directly load a module, and due to a flaw in the logic, at that time the module permissions were not correctly loaded, but instead the page permissions were applied.
- Improved data sanitation in the lists module that could lead to a reflective cross-site scripting (XSS) issue.
- Newsletter Module
- File Manager Module
- Pages Module
- HTML Module
- Journal Module
- Member Directory
- Social Groups
- Device Preview Management Module
- Google Authentication Provider
- Facebook Authentication Provider
Thanks for your response, Cathal - it gave me an idea to try the install on another app which had no folders other than the default folders of a clean DNN install, and the admin File Manager works. Now begins the task of finding the culprit. It will be nice to utilize the new features and fixes in this release (once I figure out which folder is killing my admin file manager!)
on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:57 PM
@lwbrown - we've not had any other reports of the same issue -i've added some suggestions for enabling additional logging and some things to check on your gemini issue at http://support.dotnetnuke.com/issue/ViewIssue.aspx?id=22027&PROJID=2
on Jul 19, 2012 at 11:44 PM
Still throwing null reference exception when visiting Extensions page with debug mode set to true in web.config which is annoying as hell, makes developers cry! :(
on Jul 19, 2012 at 1:25 PM
Thank you, we done RTL & Persian Support on DNN 6.2.1, Released on IranDnnCore.CodePlex.com.
on Jul 18, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Hmm stable?? installs with numerous erros. DNNCE_HTML error installing module... after hacking the planet... Error couldn't load menu style admin menu DNNActions Null Reference Exception at DotNetNuke.Web.DDRMenu.DNNCommon.DNNContext.get_ModuleFolder().. Long story short after 2 days trying to install I give up.
on Jul 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM
Upgrade from 5.0.6 went fine.
Cannot save host settings due to a new check on the SMTP port number. The error is that you cannot use a custom port number in medium trust. This isn't true. I think a warning that it MIGHT not work is fair. But that should not prevent the settings from being saved.
on Jul 17, 2012 at 8:03 PM
This is by far the best release of DotNetNuke, ever! Hard to complain about this many awesome capabilities that were given away to the world on an MIT license for you to use for any and all web projects that you want. Social, mobile, content management, application development... Outstanding work!!!
on Jul 17, 2012 at 4:22 PM
@dnn6User it's interesting that people report issues here while they now that there is no way for us to reply to issue here. Please use forums.dotnetnuke.com to report issues with your install / upgrade.
on Jul 17, 2012 at 2:14 PM
The 6.2.1 release broke all of the hyphenated URLs on the site. Page names with hyphens (support previously added in 6.1.5) no longer work.
on Jul 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Another great release! Thanks!
on Jul 14, 2012 at 7:03 AM
@WillMorg It's interesting how you guys are responding to the logged issues here and give a 5 star rating in the process!
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM
@lwbrown You may want to create an issue over at support.dotnetnuke.com or answers.dotnetnuke.com.
on Jul 13, 2012 at 4:36 PM
No problems during version upgrade (from 6.2.0). This update solves a lot of issues. Thanks! Still (new) major issues with the Member Directory features.
on Jul 13, 2012 at 9:14 AM
You have to insert a new row in table Versions with 6.2.1. Extensions does not work.
on Jul 13, 2012 at 5:58 AM
Thomas, that is the expected result, when you upgrade you put the latest DLLs out there but the DB needs upgraded so that then executes
on Jul 12, 2012 at 6:35 AM
Upgrade stated "Current Assembly Version: 06.02.01" instead of 6.2.0. Having some Jquery issues with megamenu from old skin, but otherwise looks good.
on Jul 12, 2012 at 3:17 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.