Other Available Downloads
- Implemented a new way of managing client resources which dramatically improves the performance of the product
- Implemented a device capability API that allows module and skin developers to build mobile solutions
- Implemented a site redirection API that allows mobile visitors to be shown a custom experience
- Implemented a Site Groups API that empowers organizations to implement single sign on in multitenant environments
- Removed the whitespace filter, this was used for stripping whitespaces from the generated page content following a Regular Expression.
- In a previous release, the DotNetNuke.Entities.Content.Common.ContentExtensions namespace was renamed to DotNetNuke.Entities.Content.ContentExtensions. In this release, the namespace was changed to its original name
- Fixed the order of the pages in the Control Panel when adding new pages
- Improved usability in the Edit Extensions Page
- Telerik resource files were updated to version 915 release
- Updated the Portals Module and Site Settings to consistently display site instead of portal
- The community modules have been removed from the installation package and will be available through the Extensions Catalog
- Browsers support the ability to remember common strings such as usernames/addresses etc. Code was added to ensure this does not occur when dealing with a password
- The messaging component was added in DotNetNuke 5.5.0 and allows for inter-user communication. Text entered into it was failing to validate for certain XSS issues and has now been updated to resolve the issue
I don't see any benefit in hiding all the modules in the catalogue, where it is nearly impossible to locate them.
on Dec 17, 2011 at 11:33 AM
Upgraded 6.02 to 6.10 (with lot of modules): perfect ! Thanks a lot.
I'm testing performance...
on Nov 7, 2011 at 2:18 PM
Read this before upgrading. Might want to wait for 6.1.1
on Nov 7, 2011 at 1:20 AM
upgraded all my dotnetnuke 6.0.2 websites to 6.1.0 without any glitch! Great upgrade experience.
on Nov 6, 2011 at 9:29 AM
yep, finaly some fire in the hose
on Nov 3, 2011 at 3:07 PM
@Bring2Mind You can learn more about the changes to modules by reading the following blog post. http://bit.ly/vjyjs8
on Nov 2, 2011 at 10:17 PM
@Bring2Mind - If you would read the major highlights, you would understand where they've gone (last bullet point). Great release guys!
on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM
Where did all the modules go. Only HTNL module available in source version. In addition to this I miss the menu selection for viewing the system log file.
on Nov 2, 2011 at 9:13 PM
Performance? In a DNN? I gotta see this!!
Seriously. I spent all day yesterday tweaking to get little performance gains. You guys have got perfect timing. Thanks for the release.
on Nov 2, 2011 at 5:37 PM
The Only Problem in DNN is Performance That It Can Be Solved.
Thanks A Lot
on Nov 2, 2011 at 8:38 AM
Opera does not support ClickOnce X
To install this application, save it and then open it. Opening it directly from Opera will not work correctly.